Sunday, March 28, 2010

Food Revolution

Ok...so I just watched the first episode of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. I feel so sorry for him. Those people were so mean. And the school lunch ladies, the guy at the DAWG radio station, and food service lady (ALL NEED PUNCHED IN THE FACE)!!! There I said it. I wish I had someone come in when I was growing up to help change the things we ate in school. Now yes I am a skinny person. But wish I had better food to eat as a child. I grew up with a good Mommy to cook me real, homemade food. But had to eat crap at school. What about the many many students who do not have parents who will cook good stuff for them. They eat pizza bites and such for dinner. Then come to school and eat processed food. I see it everyday. The kids do throw a lot away. And no, we cannot just give it to the homeless because most kids play in it if they don't eat it so we have to throw it away. The cooks at that school Jamie went to must have just been lazy or set in their ways. Just because he is from a different country, they think he's out to tell us he's better than us. That's not the case. He was here to help. I've seen the amount of kids who are unhealthy and overweight. It's not fun for them. It's not fun when they can't keep up with the other kids. It's not fun when they are being called names. It's not fun when a third grader has diabetes because he/she is overweight. (and still drinks soda). I hate how Jamie was treated. I wish I knew how to get in contact with him. It'd be nice to have him come to Logan. Yeah the food at school is ok to me, but I would love to have a healthier alternative. And if I had kids, I'd want them eating the best stuff. Not all that processed crap. I will continue watching the show and hope that these negative people change their minds about the food they eat. GO JAMIE OLIVER!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it yet but heard it's an eye-opener! Yeah, pizza for breakfast can't be the healthiest LOL! Chubby kids grow up to be chubby people who have an even more difficult time losing the weight & end up miserable. Stop it before it starts!!!! Save the little people!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately. Oh, and I saw the mean school cook lady at Walmart in Huntington the other day and literally had the immediate feeling of wanting to chuck the large container of gaterade I was holding at her head. She looked mean in person much less the bitch she seems on tv. Alex said it was just for show but I think she's probably a bitch in real life. Any school cook who says they don't care what the kids eat, they're just there for a paycheck is a bitch in my book. But one little boy (who's a fatty) started bringing good stuff in his lunch box when I asked him where his real food was one day because it was all junk. He said "my mom packs it"...so I said for him to tell his mom he needs real food, not junk.

    ReplyDelete