Monday, February 22, 2010

I'll never be as good at this blogging stuff as Missy. I love her videos.

So, it's been a while. Things have really taken a change in my life. I got hired on as a teacher in Logan County. Right now, I'm working as a Title I Reading and Math teacher at West Chapmanville Elementary School. I absolutely love teaching. It is what I've always wanted to do and now I know why. It is so rewarding. The kids are the reason. I see them learn and grow and it makes me so proud to be a part of it. I am loved by the kids and the staff. It feels like a home. Sad though that next year I'll probably be at the high school. My level of expertise after all is Social Studies. It will be hard to go from hugs to being cussed out LOL. But I know I will enjoy teaching something I'm passionate about.

I moved back to Logan. It's good to be close to family again. And seeing my old friends is great. I've seen people I forgot existed (sad but true). But there isn't much to do around here. And my heart is still in Huntington. No, I still haven't given up on Alex and I. What is the saying? "Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about." We're working on things. He's a good man, he just needs to figure out what he wants out of life and what his path is on getting there. But he doesn't wanna be pushed into finding what he wants until he's ready. Hmmm...I kinda had an idea of where I wanted my life to go a few years ago, maybe even sooner. But some people need more time than others.

I got a new car. It's a Honda Civic 2008. I LOVE IT! Just what I wanted. It starts when I turn the key. Great on gas mileage. Pertiful as can be! Did I say I love my car?

Missing my sister. Missy!!! She means so much to me. It's so hard being away from her. Especially now that we are both moving along well in our careers and are at a comfortable place in life. One thing is for certain. We definately will have to live close to each other when we decide to settle down. I want to be able to ride my bike to her house :) I love her more than any other person on this Earth.

Well, farewell for now. I'll try to remember to add more soon.

3 comments:

  1. I love you more than any other person on this earth too, Jennifer (and yes, I did just use your whole name). Yay again for your car and your job! Who would've thought you would actually enjoy working with the little kids so much. Things change. I'm glad they are changing for you. It is YOUR turn to shine, sissy! Take it and run with it!

    There is just something about reading your words that touches me. I love talking to you and hearing you tell me how great things are in your life, but to read them, to read your words, well -it's just different in a good way. It's inspiring. Thank you for posting. Things may still seem tough at times, but keep writing and then read back through to see how your life is changing right before your very eyes. From the time you started writing. Amazing, isn't it? We go from Point A to Point B rather quickly these days. I miss you more than words can express. And yes, it is definitely harder being so far away from one another when we are taking big steps in life. But, we wouldn't be doing what Mom & Dad taught us to do -to follow our dreams -if we didn't separate for a little while. It will only make us stronger. Know that I am always with you, just like Mommy is, and that no matter how far away I am in distance, you are the closest person to my heart. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitch you made me cry right before work. Ah well. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete