Boy am I just so tired all the time. All I seem to do is work and don't have much to show for it. I have been working for more than 10 years now and I'm only 26. When I put it that way, it seems like an extremely long time for someone my age to be working but many people have lived like this. My first job was at Pizza Hut. I was a server. Not good money but for a 16 year old I was happy with it. Moved on from there to work as a server/cook/hostess/cashier/cleaning girl/party planner/everything for the local park system. I worked there until my departure to college. Glad to say the first couple of yars in college I didn't work. Didn't do much of anything really. I had no goals though it seemed I did. I guess I was content at the time. Then I started working for the Cracker Barrel as a cashier then as a hostess too. They have always been really good to me there but it can be really stressful. See, I'm a perfectionist at work. Things always hav to be in the same place or way I normally keep them. It became kind of a joke between me and fellow employees. I became the obsessive-compulsive person. They all knew to clean up the cash stand before I came in for my shift. Otherwise, I'd spend the first hour I was there neatly putting things in order. When I hosted, I would clean the tables off and sweep the dining room. Maybe you could say I just take pride in what I'm doing and don't think it should be half assed. I like going to a restaurant that's clean and where people are nice. That's the Cracker Barrel way (well supposed to be). So I always wanted things to be presentable. I could never be a manager there although they asked me like a hundred times to train for it. I would be so critical. Now I work for a construction and rental company as a secretery and leasing consultant. Oh boy. I'm always stressed about things. And it's not even really MY stress. When tenants don't pay rent, I get stressed cause I got my boss telling me to call and write letters and post door hangers. The rent's not coming to me so I shouldn't be as stressed if someone doesn't pay right away. And I've never in my life seen such a nosy, nasty, tattletaleing bunch of people, ever. People tell on others for everything. People are soooo nasty with their apartments. The maintanance work seems like it never gets done. Mostly because the maintanance man hardly likes to show up for work and I think he sits around sometimes when we think he's working on something. And the guys lie on their time sheets. And tenants will call and say they talked to my boss about something and I know nothing about it and say he said something was OK and expect me not to ask him. Of course I'm gonna find out before I tell them OK myself because I've had to deal with a bunch of liers. They all lie. Makes me wanna just throw shit at them like a monkey and say you stupid person. Ah I'm acting like a child hehe. But on the good side of this job is comfort. The people I work for and with feel like family. Well I am here 8 to 5 every Monday through Friday, but they make me comfortable. I get any of the latest technology if I want. All I have to do is ask. The boss brings me a Red Bull almost everyday. Much of the time I'm doing my own research. My boss just hands me money sometimes. Usually it's a 20 but he gave me a 50 just yesterday. They bought me stuff before my cruise and gave me money to gamble on and for whatever I wanted. They are good people with money. I like them.
But boy am I tired. I wake up at 6:20 am Monday through Friday to work 8 to 5. On Monday's I have to work (well only one more Monday since I've put my notice in at the Barrel. 30$ a week just wasn't worth all the hassle) at the Barrel. So I would work 8-5 then leave, drive home, change clothes, and then head to Cracker Barrel 6 to 10:30. I was worn out for days just to make up for my Mondays. I was also having to deal with taking care of one of our tenants pets on a daily basis. She moved thank goodness.
I'm just looking foward to going back to school and doing something I would really love. Teaching history. I have been out of school for 2 years now. It will be hard to motivate myself to do the work again but I feel now I will better apply myself. School work has always interested me but never kept my attention long because much of it was boring. I want to bring some excitement into learning history. Kids need to find what interests them and have a teacher willing to take their topics and teach it with enthusiasm.
I just think also that 7 to 3 is a much better work schedule than 8 to 5. Plus I could get summers off. Vacays!!!!
I'm just ready to take a new step in my life. I have some really good things in me. I just lack the motivation to bring them out.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

First of all, you definitely should throw poop at people because you ARE a monkey! Second, you have motivation -you just find it in different places than others, at your own time. Third -I'll be glad when you get vacays so you can come see me wherever I may be! I'm so proud of you, sister. I mean that.
ReplyDelete